The week is upon us. The eighth iteration of our smoked imperial stout, La Muerta, releasing throughout the week (starting yesterday, technically), culminating in Dia de La Muerta on Saturday November 7.
Let’s start with a rundown of the beers being bottled:
- La Muerta 2015. 9.11%, 50 IBU. Will be available at both our locations and extremely limited distribution the following week. Total bottle count being sold: 1,080. $13/bottle + tax
- EC12. 1/3 La Muerta 2015, 2/3 La Muerta aged in Elijah Craig 12 barrels. 10.01% ABV, 50 IBU. Will be available at both our locations and extremely limited distribution the following week. Total bottle count being sold: 1,080. $15/bottle + tax.
- EC12 w/ Coconut. Available only at our S Presa brewery. Total bottle count being sold: 666. $15/bottle + tax
- EC12 w/ Vanilla. Available only at our S Presa brewery. Total bottle count being sold: 666. $15/bottle + tax
A rundown of La Muerta week events at our breweries, in case you missed them.
- Sunday November 1. La Muerta 2015 tapped at our brewpub on 1604.
- Monday November 2. Vertical La Muerta tasting at the brewpub on 1604. 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015 will be present. We’ve been told some people plan on bringing some 2012. Samplers available for $13.
- Thursday November 5. Tapping a keg of EC12 at the brewpub on 1604 as a sneak preview for Saturday.
- Saturday November 7. Dia de La Muerta. Bottle share and release at S Presa (details below). 60 bottles of Regular and EC12 will be sent to the brewpub on 1604 for purchase on Saturday at 11am as well.
DIA DE LA MUERTA
While Facebook is by no means the ultimate prediction tool for events, it is worth noting that we currently sit at 252 RSVPs, compared to the 202 RSVPs we had for Super Mega Awesome Bottle Release Day back in August. We are constantly striving to improve the release process, so we have some familiar rules and some new ones.
- First and foremost, Dia de La Muerta is at our S Presa brewery. 2000 S Presa St, San Antonio, TX 78210. If you show up at the wrong place, you’ll be 50% sad (only 50% this time, since you’ll still be able to get regular and EC12)
- Doors open, wristbands will be distributed and the bottle share will start promptly at 8am. Wristband #1 went to the winner of our Costume Contest on 10/29 (to the young lady in the La Muerte costume below – very fitting).
- NEW: To ease congestion, we will have more tables in a roped off area in the brewery. Please stay within the roped off area.
- Bottles will go on sale per the normal wristband grouping option at 9:30am. We will utilize a better PA system this time to make sure everyone can hear announcements.
- NEW: We will have a CASH LINE and a credit card line. Please utilize the CASH LINE. By using the CASH LINE you will make things go much faster.
- NEW: We will have two CASH ONLY stations to buy beer for on-site consumption starting at 10am. If you want to buy beer using a card, you will have to wait until after bottle sales are complete. So it will benefit it you to BRING CASH.
- NEW: We have recently provided sanctuary to certain contraband so as to have safe haven from the authorities. We will be celebrating it’s newly regained freedom on Dia de La Muerta in style. We will be selling 9 Crowlers… yes, I said CROWLERS. 3 each of Coffee La Muerta, Cask Strength La Muerta and Tart Cherry La Muerta for $15 each. These will be the only crowler/growler/any kind of to-go beer made available of these beers and will be available as an optional purchase for the first 9 wristband holders (1 each, their choice).
- The beer list for Dia de La Muerta is as follows: All pours at our S Presa brewery are $4, and all samples are $1. (La Muerta and variants will be 8oz pours, 2oz samples. All other beers are 16oz pour, 4oz sample).
- La Muerta 2015
- La Muerta EC12
- La Muerta EC12 w/ Coconut
- La Muerta EC12 w/ Vanilla
- La Muerta 2014
- La Muerta 2015 w/ Coffee
- Cask Strength La Muerta – this is 100% Elijah Craig 12 Barrel Aged, not blended back.
- La Muerta w/ Tart Cherry
- Mole La Muerta cask
- Chocolate Orange La Muerta cask
- Bat Outta Helles
- Rye Wit
- Freetail Original
- Soul Doubt IPA
- T-shirts will be available for purchase for $20 at the same time you buy your bottles in the same wristband order as your bottles.
As always, feel free to shoot me a message on twitter @beermonkey if you have any questions.
PS: Did I mention to BRING CASH.