San Antonio Beer Week draws near and we have a full slate of events scheduled to celebrate and honor the growing craft beer culture in San Antonio. The scene has come a long way since we opened in 2008 as the second operating brewery in SA (tip of the hat here to our good friends at Blue Star Brewing Co.. Joey Villarreal started Blue Star in 1996 and San Antonio beer culture would look vastly different without the foundation he laid).
Without further ado, here is our list of Beer Week Events!
- Saturday 03/21 – SA Beer Week Kick Off Party. Main Plaza, downtown San Antonio. San Antonio breweries will take over all the taps in Main Plaza and we will hoist a brewers’ toast at 7:15 followed by live music from Cryin’ DT Buffkin and the Bad Breath. Free to attend, you just need to buy the beer. http://www.sanantoniobeerweek.com/2015-events/2015/3/21/san-antonio-beer-week-kick-off-party
- Monday 03/23 – Texas Beer & Cheese Pairing. Freetail Brewing Co.-1604 Brewpub location. Join us as head brewer Nick Adcock takes you on a journey pairing our beers with 4 artisan cheeses from CKC Farms and Blanco Brazos Valley Cheese. Tickets are $20, limited to 30 seats, for sale now at the brewpub on 1604. http://www.sanantoniobeerweek.com/2015-events/2015/3/23/texas-cheese-freetail-beer-pairing
- Tuesday 03/24 – Southtown Progressive Beer Dinner. Take a walk through the historic Southtown neighborhood as we embark on a progressive beer dinner with stops at The Friendly Spot, Liberty Bar, Stella Public House and Blue Star Brewing Co. for a course and a beer at each stop. Only 20 seats, tickets are $40 each available only at our S Presa tasting room. http://www.sanantoniobeerweek.com/2015-events/2015/3/24/southtown-progressive-beer-dinner
- Wednesday 03/25 – Flying Saucer Bourbon Barrel Aged Local Coffee Stout and keep the glass night. The Saucer will be tapping their keg of Bourbon Barrel Aged Local Coffee Stout and we have developed a unique glass that will only be offered at this event starting at 7pm. http://www.sanantoniobeerweek.com/2015-events/2015/3/25/flying-saucer-brewery-night-freetail
- Thursday 03/26 – Piñata Protest Launch Concert at the Empire Theater. We are launching our collaboration beer with San Antonio’s own Piñata Protest with a free concert at the Empire Theater. Unfortunately, it’s already sold out. Fortunately, you may still be able to win some VIP tickets. Stay tuned to various social media for details. http://www.sanantoniobeerweek.com/2015-events/2015/2/26/59l9iv5q0uldgqnmo78ppx1xg4pea2
- Friday 03/27 – Big Hops Growler Station (Huebner & Broadway) Bourbon Barrel Aged Local Coffee Stout tapping. Big Hops Huebner and Broadway will be cracking into their keg of Bourbon Barrel Aged Local Coffee Stout starting at 7pm. http://www.sanantoniobeerweek.com/2015-events/2015/3/27/freetail-special-release-tapping
- Saturday 03/28 – Tower of Sour featuring Wood-Aged Beer Q&A with Jester King Craft Brewery – 3pm at Freetail 1604 Brewpub. The tradition continues as we dedicate one of our tap towers at the brewpub to sour beers. We will be featuring Peche’cus, Endymion, Makaria and the debut of Seiza, beer from the last remaining unblended barrel from our original sour program at the brewpub. We will also have two beers from our friends at Jester King Craft Brewery and maybe a few other surprises. We will also be joined by Jester King Head Brewer Garrett Crowell and Barrel Program Head Adrienne Ballou to engage in a Q&A panel with our Head of Brewing Operations Jason Davis and Head Brewer Nick Adcock to discuss the philosophy, approach and technique of making wood-aged beers. This is a no cost event, other than the cost of the beers you order. http://www.sanantoniobeerweek.com/2015-events/2015/3/27/tower-of-sour
- Saturday 03/28 – 5 Pint Pub Crawl 2015. A bus crawl featuring stops at 5 San Antonio breweries hosted by Appliance Liquidation Outlet. The crawl visits 5 breweries, treating participants to a pint glass souvenir from each brewery visited, custom wood crate for your pint glasses, lunch, and dinner. http://www.sanantoniobeerweek.com/2015-events/2015/3/28/5-pint-brew-crawl-2015
- Sunday 03/29 – SA Beer Week Closing Ceremonies. As the capstone event for SABW, the Closing Ceremonies will conclude the week in style. It’s a beer festival-style get together that showcases all of the amazing San Antonio area breweries in one location. This year’s Closing Ceremonies will be hosted at the Pearl Brewery. Follow the link for more details. http://www.sanantoniobeerweek.com/2015-events/2015/2/26/obbquwx17nv5pb6yh81ml3q4e7cq6h
Cheers to San Antonio and Craft Beer!